Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Peaceful, Easy, Freezing


I spent the last couple of days down on the ocean for a couple of hours collecting sea glass. It was freezing! Oh what a sight I was. I had on my brother's coat which is 3 times too big for me (but warm), I had on an over sized pair of winter boots (so I could wear my homemade felted slippers inside), my dad's hat with the hood up and two pairs of mitts and my pants tucked into my boots. I reminded myself of the little boy in the snowsuit from the movie "The Christmas Story". I've walked that beach hundreds of times and had never come across a star fish before. He was still alive so I decided to let him remain. Are star fish males and females? I have no idea but will go look it up after posting this. The other picture is the frozen run off coming off the cliff. It was very beautiful but I don't think the photo really captured it. I found some great sea glass since I've been back in Cape Breton for the holidays. A very large blue piece, one orange, two yellow, two purple and hordes of white, green and brown. Tomorrow is another day, to find more treasure.


No comments: