Monday, July 30, 2007

Easy Peasy, Please Me

Over the past 7 months I've started collecting sea glass. Picking up random pieces I found, not really paying attention. Realizing the beach was littered with the glass, I started carrying a coffee cup with me to fill. Later I had to move my way up to bags and buckets. The first time I found blue sea glass, you'd think I had stumbled upon a diamond I was that thrilled. To date I've only found one piece of red glass. Sitting down among the pebbles, I hadn't really been looking for glass. With my fingers I was tossing pebbles and just moving them around when I came across it. Not very big, nothing spectacular....but to me it might as well have been a ruby. Since then, I've found some nice colored glass, some aqua, black, moss green, and different blues. Just a cute memory that entered my mind. The other day, a friend of mine told me he was a diamond in the rough. Smiling widely I said I was more like cubic zirconium. Pretty, but fake and cheap. We had a great chuckle. I'd love to know what pieces I have that are the rarest. No matter what, they are treasures to me.

No comments: