Monday, July 30, 2007

Tea for Two Please........Sea Gulps





With 5 litres of sea glass and counting, I'm interested in knowing what else to do with the treasures. This is a smaller mosaic I did using some of my glass. It was a little hard to find a frame that would allow me to put the glass inside because I didn't want the thickness of a shadowbox. But after seaching and cutting my own matting, I seem to have come up with something that worked. I absoultely love the guy with the belly. I'm sure he is having a cinnamon bun with his coffee. : ) I really enjoyed making this, finding the perfect piece to create the not so perfect body. I was lucky to have four tiny little pieces of blue sea glass. I would have liked to add a flower vase in the center of the table, but my piece of red sea glass just didn't look like a flower or a vase. No worries, I can always make a second picture. I started another one the other day of five people dancing......every body shape possible.......it is on watercolor paper so I'll paint flowers in their hands and grass at their feet.

No comments: